Learn to manage stress in your daily life with meditation and gentle stretching
Summer Program 2015: Wednesday Evenings, June 10 – July 29, 6:30 – 8:30PM
Location: Lake Street Church, 607 Lake Street, Evanston, IL 60201, View Map
Fee: 8 Week Program Cost is $300
Registration: Contact Susan Gray at 773-710-9219 to register or to ask questions.
Interested in learning more? RSVP to free orientation session on Wednesday, May 13, 6:30-7:30pm. Contact Susan Gray at 773-710-9219 for details.
Mindfulness is moment-to-moment awareness.When awareness is developed within a foundation of compassion; health and well-being is deepened.
Stress Reduction Through Mindfulness and Movement is for people who are interested in experiencing their lives differently. Over the course of 8 weeks you will learn how to settle the thoughts, find steadiness, resilience and flexibility even in the midst of daily challenges.
Benefits of Mindfulness Program
- Learn new ways of working with stress, illness and pain.
- Cope more effectively with anxiety, depression and rumination
- Increase mental focus
- Learn to take better care of yourself and become your number one advocate
- Cultivate a connection between compassion and the present moment
- Instructions in mindfulness skills
- Guided Meditation
- Establish a daily mindfulness meditation practice and comfortable sitting posture
- Group reflection and dialogue
- Home Practice materials including recordings for guided practice and handouts
This program is modeled after the MBSR Program founded in 1979 by Jon Kabat-Zinn at the University of Massachusetts Medical School. Highly respected within the medical community, the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction program supports health enhancement and wellness, with a focus on prevention and learning how to take good care of yourself.
Additional Mindfulness Services:
Inquiries regarding customized individual or group sessions are welcome. Get in touch with me here or call 773-710-9219.