An Introductory Course in Meditation and Gentle Stretching
Next Session: TBA
Inquiries regarding customized individual or group sessions are welcome. Get in touch with me here or call 773-710-9219.
Imagine your life if you could learn to relax and manage stress. By cultivating your own mindfulness practice, moment to moment awareness is uncovered. Mindfulness is moment to moment, non-judgmental awareness. The good news is this deep internal resource is alive and within you already. With patience, practice and intention you will learn how to slow down and pay attention to the present moment. While forces tend to pull us back to the past and worries catapult us into the future, you can learn to meet up with a natural quality within you each day and be present for your life.
In this small group setting, you will find discussions as helpful as the practice. You’ll learn how others respond to the opportunities and challenges of practicing mindfulness and incorporating it in their lives. Guided meditation, quiet meditation and gentle stretching are explored. You will learn to:
- Establish a comfortable posture for meditation
- Develop the quality of your attention while meditating
- Tune into your body’s unique warning signs of stress
- Interrupt warning signs of stress
- Enhance your focus and concentration
- Cultivate a connection between compassion and the present moment